april

8:47 PM

It is April, already. The days are getting longer, yet the days are going by faster. The sun stays out longer than me, and yet I feel busier than I have for quite awhile. This month has been quite crazy but also quite wonderful. I'm learning that Christ IS my all, and without him, I am absolutely clueless, and self-reliant. I'd rather not rely on myself. I'm seeing some things I haven't seen in myself in quite a long time, and I am noticing some changes. Some changes of maturity and also seeing some areas of immaturity that still reign in my heart.

I was given an amazing opportunity to spend a week in Austria, and I learned more than I can even utter words to. Much of what I learned was affirmation, and some was a reminder, and some was a new twist on an old thought, all causing me to come to the feet of Christ.

School begins soon. The semester *officially* starts on Monday, but classes won't begin until the 15th. I'm eager for new classes, but also worried because I know it will be harder, and busier than the previous semester. I've been working on things for returning to the states, such as FAFSA, and registering for classes in Angelo, and as it is exciting to get back to the culture I grew up in, it is also causing a desire in me to finish school as quickly as possible.

I have an anxiousness in my heart. My heart is full of anticipation, yet also fears and worries of the upcoming future. My prayer has been that Father would replace my anxiousness with his peace. Anxiousness regarding friendships, relationships, schools, appointments, meetings, church, traveling, money, the well-being of friends and colleagues, etc and that anxiousness wouldn't be taken away but would be covered with a peace that only Christ can give. I don't long to be content, but I long to find my strength from Christ.

March has been full of new experiences as well. I was introduced to a wonderful little restaurant which provides many delicious vegetarian dishes-- the most expensive dish being about 4 euros, and it's extremely amazing and again, delicious. Those who work there are some of the most kind people I have encountered here, and I enjoy an evening spent there with Sara and Sean, Maurice and our australian friend, Glenn. Here, I was also introduced to a non-alcoholic beverage, called Malz Bier. It is much like Root Beer, but not as sweet, and extremely savory. This is my favorite drink, and I now must have it at least once a week. Sean and I have discovered the cheapest places to buy it and we already know this is one of the things we will miss the most about Germany once we leave in August.

If you guys would like to pray for me, there is of course the prayer request of anxiousness being replaced by Father's peace, but also in areas of trust. I have noticed lately that my mood/my "happiness" is extremely rocky. I go one minute from being hyper and joyful to a few minutes later being sad and awkward. I'm not sure why, or how exactly to explain it other than it is simply annoying.

Thank you guys. I love you <3
Lara jo

Thank you for Reading!

2 comments

Popular Posts