Answered Prayers.

5:43 AM

I just really like these flowers!
A year ago I was feeling pretty lonely and wishing for and hoping for community. I remember wondering what it was going to look like to stay at home with my baby... was it going to be isolating? lonely? Would I always be walking up to Starbucks alone and drinking my coffee alone? I was reminded that I prayed a specific prayer in Texas before we moved -- and that was that God would give me friends that were girls -- a community to belong to and to feel loved and encouraged in  - those who would inspire me to be a better wife and friend. God answered that prayer then, and so I prayed it again a year ago.

It's one of those prayers you pray a few times and forget about - but the longing and desire is still there. Motherhood is amazing but it can be very isolating. Friends without kids don't know the boundaries of how much to bother you or ask to hang out (and I get it - it's a huge life change), and as a mama, you're TIRED and exhausted and many times community becomes a last priority.

I'm happy to say that God answered that prayer. 100 percent. Through a couple specific ladies at church to giving me the desire to go to and be part of a MOPs group at another church near my house.

Honestly, the first day I went to MOPs, I was more excited about the already prepared breakfast than meeting new people - but as I walked in the door I was pleasantly surprised to meet friends I didn't even know I had.

Soon, I wasn't walking to Starbucks alone anymore, but I was walking there to meet a friend. Just last weekend I got the special treat of a last minute pedicure with a friend, and another last minute chick-fil-a trip with another. God has certainly blessed me with a community of ladies who love me, my family and who also encourage me in my role as wife, momma, womanhood, and friendship.

But y'all. Let me just say - if I wasn't feeling blessed already, this past weekend I went to the MOPs Leadership Retreat and got to spend 3 days with 8 other ladies who love and want to serve mommas. For a weekend I got to just be, to use my brain and to laugh so hard I was crying with ladies who live nearby, who love Jesus  and who encourage me in all facets of life.

I'm so thankful. I'm so absolutely blessed.

OH! I also prayed for God to put women in my life who are my mom's age to mentor me, and he TOTALLY DID THAT TOO!!



Thank you for Reading!

0 comments

Popular Posts