Texas Lessons.

4:41 AM


Watson saying 'hi' to his Uncle Noah
before his baseball scrimmage

We just spent two + weeks in Texas.

It was wonderful, and it was difficult. It rained most of the time we were here, but that wasn't a big deal... Our first full day here ended in me throwing up my guts - where I got the virus from, I have no clue - maybe someone in Seattle, maybe someone on the plane, maybe people we spent time with that day.

We were told the virus only lasted 24 hours and after 48 we were good to visit people. Not the case. Seems like I single handedly infected all of Texas.

I shamed myself, I felt guilty and I fell into depression during the two weeks we were here. So, that was unfortunate. Not only were most people loving, forgiving and full of grace, but Seth kept reminding me that I don't control sickness or health, and even though I had the virus, others getting it wasn't my fault.

God taught me that it isn't my job to or duty to carry a cross of shame and guilt and take on those things because he already did that on the cross... and that it wasn't my fault. *sigh* but it still sucks!!

Sitting on the porch enjoying the rain. 
Anyway we officially got better after awhile once we realized that the people we hung out with weren't getting sick anymore (Note: seems like the contagious stage is actually about 1.5- 2 weeks and NOT only 48 hours), and then I got to hang out with my best friend, Damaris. It was like balm to my weary soul. It wasn't for long enough, but it never is.

While in Texas it was so wonderful to sit on the porch, watching the storm clouds roll in, sit there (still on the porch) while it rains (because well, Texas is still warm when it rains), watch baseball games and enjoy time with friends and family (AND meet our sweet new nephew, Rawley)

I'm looking forward to starting back life in Seattle - new vision and focus seem to be on the forefront of my mind - from how to spend my time (let's see if I can keep up a good balance -- eep; maybe a blog for another time), to planning and preparing for my sweet preschool class that begins in September. I also get to start going to a bible study at the church by my house on Thursday mornings, which I'm absolutely stoked about - learning about Jesus, how he's calling me to live for him as a wife, momma and woman, and getting to spend time with some sweet friends who live in Edmonds (#community).

HOWEVER, I have a TON to do before sweet Watson's first birthday party in about 2 weeks (wha?) and then a few days later we are leaving for 2.5 weeks to go to Virginia, DC and NYC!! <3 I'm excited about that trip :-) It'll be our first time in a long time to just go on vacation and spend quality family time together. <3
my best friend damaris. We've been friends for a long time
but God knit our hearts together about a year after we met when
 we both went through some "traumatic" experiences and needed
Jesus and a "little bit" of waffles and (a lot a bit of) butter to heal our "wounds"...
Then we had a sleepover and giggled a ton. We've never stopped talking sense. 


Texas.
Sister in Loves and our sweet babies <3

Thank you for Reading!

0 comments

Popular Posts