7:18 PM


Oh gosh; it's so difficult to believe next week is Spring Break. I sound like every other year when I comment about how it feels the semester only just began and that time is flying faster than almost light itself. As far as updating everyone on my life, it's been so long since I've done that that I'm not even sure who to update anymore. If you spend time around me, you know I'm dating Seth but if you don't you probably have no clue-- simply because the girl who used to be so well at keeping up with people, hasn't kept up with anyone in almost a year's time.
Seth doesn't like it when I say this, but I honestly don't believe I deserve him. He has a heart that is genuine and a sensitivity toward me and also toward Father that is something I wish everyone could know.
Many know that I am still working for the campus newspaper-- and I'm still learning very genuine lessons working there-- this semester has brought on some new challenges; but I'm learning how to keep my 'work life' at work and allowing myself to enjoy the time I have been given away from the school campus/the office. My classes are enjoyable; I do have to study quite often, but I'm learning and I can sense that in myself. From Graphics and Layout to Developing and Designing a magazine, to learning how to be a teacher. I just started my field experience and "pre-student teaching" I enjoy it so much. There are times when I wonder what I've gotten myself into; that I am not cut out for anything I'm studying, be it the journalism world; the world of German or even teaching. I many times succumb to my negative self-talk of claiming that I'm not enough and will never amount to anything. I compare myself quite often to my peers, a quality about myself I need to change.
I will soon start an internship but the location of where has yet to be determined; I'm thinking I will know in the next couple of weeks though. Not knowing is uncomfortable and hard, but it's a lesson in and of itself.
I recently became a member at PaulAnn Baptist church, and it's nice to feel I can say (for the first time in four years) that I have a church home. Father is placing people in my life and around me whether it is at church or school to encourage me and to constantly help me refocus on him.
That's the short version I guess; but I'm growing- things are changing, but they always are.
xoxo
Lara

Thank you for Reading!

2 comments

Popular Posts