....

7:40 AM

We are too comfortable.


and yes, I said we, because I am probably most likely talking about myself.

I am too comfortable.

I miss praying outloud with other people, for hours a day.

but there comes a point when you have to stop hanging onto experience and put what you learned into practice.

I fall into this trap of thinking there isn't time, of being frustrated because no one will "want" to do that. I've seen how powerful prayer is, I've seen Father be faithful and true. I've seen people and communities change in a foreign land as the result of years of prayer.

but I forget.

i get so consumed in life, and in the world, and in the things "of God" that I forget to look at God. I forget to follow him, because as we learned at church today - i'm sometimes just a fan and not a follower.

The flesh wars against the spirit.

Lara...
she is too comfortable.

She fears men. Not God.
She is prideful.
She is anxious
She is scared.

But, I wallow in what I am not, and not who God created me to be.

I want to pray. I want to take time to pray for hours.
I want to seek the Lord with all my heart.

I want Father to bump me into people who he is already having conversations with, and I want him to speak to them, through me.




So... what am I waiting for?
Why am I not WAGING WAR?!
there is a serious battle going on here, and I'm just comfortable...

it's like i have all the skills to be a lifeguard, and save lives... but while people are drowning and gasping for air... i'm just... drinking a soda and chewing on some chiclets.


Ridiculous.

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
Ephesians 6:12






Thank you for Reading!

0 comments

Popular Posts