Showers of Love. 30 Weeks pregnant.

5:58 AM

Watson loves to sit on my belly button. He loves kicking the right upper side of my belly and I really like rubbing his back when I can find it. :-) I have decided he likes it too. I'm 30 weeks pregnant. I have 10 more weeks (give or take) to go. I cannot believe it!

My sweet friends Loren and Gretyl threw us a shower, and our sweet friend Daron hosted it. It was beautiful. It was classy and fun and so sweet for our sweet Watson. I definitely felt blessed by the sweet friendships God has given our family since we moved to Seattle almost two years ago. Loren took way better photos, but these will suffice for now. Perhaps I'll post more later.

I'm so so grateful for those two hours and God truly revealed to me that He has provided people in this area who love and care for our family. It's hard for me to have friends, I admit it. I pour a lot of time and energy into friendships and I think without realizing it, I've decided they take too much work.... It's safe to say that I've done this since being married... and honestly? I've hurt myself because of it. I believe God calls us to be in relationship & community with others, and I need to allow myself to do a better job of it! 


I have an appointment this Thursday. So, I might have more updates come Thursday evening!

This feels like a "laundry list" of updates, but enjoy! The creativity in my writing is somewhere to be found in the midst of my tiredness. ;-)

1. Watson loves to move and roll and sleep. I feel hiccups and what are probably his fingers and elbows. I also feel his knees quite often and his feet. Again I'm pretty sure he sits on my belly button and I can tell a difference between what is his back and what is his bottom.

Ayslyn, my niece, "holding" Watson. 
2. My sister and her two kids just visited for a little over a week. It was fun (and tiring) to have two little ones in our apartment, but I wouldn't give it up for anything. We won't see them again for another 2ish years, and to simply have had a week with a precious 3 year old and a 20 month old and my sister was a blessing. I'm so thankful they came, and also thankful they were able to make it back to Japan! They were missing their daddy (and husband).







3. Seth's mom sent me some adorable photos of Seth when he was a baby and toddler. I love love love them. My parents sent me some as well (of myself). Here are two that I love:

Seth John

Lara Nichole


4. Pictures make me look big, but I believe my belly is still pretty small - it is my first baby, after all. I'm really excited to see how my baby and Watson grow over the next 3 weeks. Here are the obligatory bump photos:
Almost 28 Weeks


28 Weeks







Thank you for Reading!

0 comments

Popular Posts