Journey through Genesis

7:51 PM


I randomly placed two cute photos of Watson in this post, they really have nothing to do with anything, other than allowing us all to look at how cute he is ;-)

Really quick for those who have been "wondering"-
I have been off of Facebook for two weeks.

Here are some observations: 1. It's hard to contact people! 2. It's so FREEING. I love love love it. 3. I'm more creative. 4. It's hard because I miss my special momma group/community and I want to join a thrive mom online community, but they are only on Facebook :( 5. I feel happier, and that happiness  trumps the things I miss! 6. I get more things done!

Recently, I have chosen to read and journal through the book of Genesis with my sweet friend Jaclyn. It has been hard some days to remember to sit down and read and write, but also so sweet and rewarding. In my processing, I would LOVE to share some things I have been learning.

#1. God's kingdom is orderly and good. All of creation reflects God's goodness. He calls us as humans to have dominion over his creation.. On an even more personal level, God has called me to care for what he has put me in dominion over-- my children, my home, my responsibilities, etc. What a HUGE honor that I rarely take as seriously as I should.

#2. Adam was called to serve the Lord in the garden, while Eve was called to serve the Lord by serving and helping her husband. Eve most likely helped Adam by keeping him company (relationship), physically and stewarding well what God put them in dominion over.

#3. Seek the wisdom of God over the wisdom of man.... the wisdom of man, also includes myself. God called Adam and Eve to have dominion over every living thing, yet Eve allowed the serpent to have dominion over her. When we listen to others over listening to God, destruction happens.

#4. When sin comes to my door, I want to recognize it and not let it in. I pray God gives me eyes to recognize its dangerous knock- even in the small things (like getting upset over Seth distracting me from studying the bible.) God gives us the ability to rule over sin. He warns us of sin's desire but reminds us to rule over it. This can feel impossible and sometimes IS - which is why we need Jesus to rescue us.

#5. Our sin can affect the future generations of our family and create an undesirable legacy (Cain's genealogy vs. Seth's). I pray that God would guide Seth and I to create a legacy of future Chomouts who love and serve Jesus with their whole heart, mind and soul.


:-D Thanks for reading.





Thank you for Reading!

0 comments

Popular Posts