My Memorial Day thoughts

3:51 AM

So, as today is memorial day, I spent time with family, and also realized how soon it is that I am leaving for the summer-- as it was the last time i'd see many of those i spent time with. It was a good time with family, a good time talking, a good time laughing, a good time eating.

So, do you realize I leave for Germany in less than a week. Only a few days really.. even I haven't much realized it yet.

Many think it strange i'd be going overseas a third year in a row, many think I go just for the experience. Oh how i loath the word "experience." However, I am going this summer, and I know it's where I'm supposed to be. I know without a doubt, God wants me in Germany. Not simply because I have a love for the language and the culture, not simply because God provided all the money i needed to go... but because God has changed my heart to match his.

I have a confession. Upon arriving home last summer. I told myself "i'm not going anywhere next summer." Well my heart started changing, and i KNEW I belonged in Japan. I was standing in a worship service singing "did you feel the mountains tremble" and it came to the part of the song which says "did you feel the darkness tremble, when all the saints join in one song?" and the image of me and a few of those on my japan team singing at the "alter" at the shinto shrine, and the darkness seeming to fade away came to mind and i just KNEW God wanted me in Japan. Well, God slowly began to show me he wanted me back in Germany. It wasn't until a couple of months ago, that God has changed my heart to match His. I know without a doubt he wants me in Germany, even though i didn't want to go back there. I do now, i know it's where I belong...

Already, I am so excited to see what God is going to do.
However, I have something huge on my heart-- a decision I need to make. I first want to pray over it and discuss it with some people, but I want your prayer.

Love,
Lara

Thank you for Reading!

2 comments

Popular Posts