"I don't love her."

7:11 AM

The other day I had a three year old come up to me and say "my mom loves me so much, but I don't love her." My heart sank and I imagined my son saying this to someone or even to me... I wanted to look at that sweet three year old and say "NO! you cannot say those things!!" Instead, God drew me to say "That's so sad. You know, sometimes it's SO hard to love other people and we can't do it. This is why we need Jesus." That's all I could muster to get out. There's so much more to the why we need Jesus part of the conversation, but that's all I was able to say in the midst of my shock (and the child was 3 - how much was really being understood?). I then looked at this sweet child and said "Well, you were right when you said your mommy loves you so much and when you are able to love your mommy, I think it would be very wonderful if you told her how much you love her.

Soon after this conversation the momma walked in, looking flustered. I looked at her and said, "you're doing an amazing job at this momma thing."

I can't get this interaction out of my mind, but I'm so thankful that it happened.

Thank you for Reading!

0 comments

Popular Posts