Bennet's Birth Story

4:36 AM

March 12, 2017: I went to church, although I knew I probably shouldn't, and had some contractions during the service, but nothing I thought anything about. I, then, decided once I was home to go to a few stores - and knew pretty quick I shouldn't stay out long. Contractions came at 3 p.m., but not consistently, I would have them 20 min apart, then an hour apart, a few minutes apart, took a bath, went to sleep - woke up at 3:00 with some painful contractions and decided to take a bath. As soon as I got into the bath, my water broke (eek!)

We got to the hospital, where I almost slipped in my own (Bennet's?) amniotic fluid; was only dilated at a 3, so they "had time"-- not ideal, contractions were getting more intense and hurt even more (but I had to mentally remind myself that it was NOTHING compared to Watson's laboring experience(and that is absolutely the truth). Once my doctor and her team *finally* got to the hospital, they prepped me for a c-section, and my baby girl came a day earlier than planned at 6:04 in the morning, weighing 7 lbs 6 oz and was 18.5 inches long. As soon as Seth brought her over to me, she looked straight into my eyes. I didn't get to hold her for quite awhile, which was a bit foreign to me - since they let me hold Watson immediately in Seattle; so that was SUPER HARD, but her daddy stayed with her until I was able to.

Watson came around 11:00 to meet his sweet sister. He loved her. Just yesterday he saw someone in a bed on television and it reminded him of when he came to see us. He said "momma, bed, Bennet, remember?" He is so sweet to his sister and he loves her so very much. I can't wait to see how they grow in friendship and love and I so pray that that friendship continues until their dying days. I hope when Seth and I are long gone, those two are loving each other well and taking care of each other.






The days are long, but the years are short <3 
On our way to the doctor! Bennet surpassed her birth weight so quickly!
our baby love <3 

Me and my boy, enjoying some snuggle time while Baby Bennet napped




Thank you for Reading!

0 comments

Popular Posts