i look at all the lonely people...

10:32 AM


Few know and/or realize that the Beatles' first gig was in Hamburg, in December of 1960 on Grosse Freiheit, a street off of the Reeperbahn. One of their former band members, Sutcliffe stayed in Hamburg with his fiance, and upon their third come to Hamburg the band found out he died from a brain hemorrhage -- I'm not sure how that information is significant to this post, i just found it interesting. Soon after his death, Epstein took over management of the band, and sought out a British Record Label. From beginning to play for audiences on the streets of Hamburg to Liverpool, to the whole world, I have failed to meet anyone who has never heard of the Beatles. That is my vision for Grossefreiheit today. Father is doing something huge in that area, that I can see reaching all of Hamburg, from there all of Germany, from there all of Europe, and the world. Father is a God who works in ways we cannot even fathom, what he's doing and what he's been doing is beyond my grasp and beyond my mind's ability to even think. He is full of power and strength and he IS mighty to save, and he IS the author of salvation.

Today I was reading, and I have been sitting on the idea of the manifestation of the word. "The life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it, and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with Father and was made manifest to us-- that which we have seen and heard and proclaim also to you..." (1 john 1:2-3a) He has made it manifest, or clear to us, so much so that we cannot deny who he is. Some days I do want to, but I know I can't deny what I've seen or heard, and what's even more powerful than my own testimony is the testimony of Christ.

crossroads

Me on Grosse Freiheit

Thank you so much for your prayers, please know I AM praying for you. <3 Lara

Thank you for Reading!

0 comments

Popular Posts