We will be ready..

8:36 PM



Ah, Lord GOD! It is you who has made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you. - Jeremiah 32:17

Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing what concern, what readiness to see justice done... - Paul, 2 Corinthians 7

I've been reading 2 Corinthians for the 3rd time with Steph, and the third time around, this is what i've been sitting on: "But just as you excel in everything-- in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness , and in your love for us-- see that you also excel in the grace of giving. I am not commanding you, but I want you to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others. (8:7-8). I've been 'sitting' on what it looks like to test the sincerity of my love. What it looks like to excel in faith, speech, knowledge, complete earnestness ... I long for that.... with these things not only will i grow a better person, patient, kind, able to encourage and mentor, a better daughter, a better sister and friend, and perhaps someday a wife who can communicate on every level understanding and support and encouragement and love... in all of those areas, but I will learn and know and meet more of this God that I so long to serve. I've got a long way to go, but i long to excel. I long to know Father more. I pray this not only over myself but over every single person that is dear to me and even those who I walk by daily.



Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children. Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands! - Psalm 90:16-17

Jesus' name alone is victory. His name alone is life, and just to speak his name is such a privilege. And b/c of Jesus, we have victory over death and over sin, over the enemy. We can pray to Father about Father... that in and of it self is amazing, and I long to know him more and to trust him more, for my faith, my speech my knowledge, my sincerity and my love and earnestness to grow in him. I long to lift my hands daily and praise him, i long for my soul to PANT like a deer for water. I long to be overwhelmed, and I long for those things to be poured over this land

Thank you for Reading!

0 comments

Popular Posts