Monday, March 10th...

10:58 AM

The other day I took a test and it told me I was left libertarian. The real definition, not the American-Political system definition. I think it means I'm open minded but I still hold to my values. I just made that up, I really have no idea what it truly means. I also am planning on taking a course on The American Election this next semester. Yes, in Germany. Ironic? maybe?! However, it will definitely be interesting.

Well, I had plans to travel while here, but with the exchange rate getting worse every day, looks like others will travel without me. Which isn't too super, but I will get over it, life moves on. :( The USD is dwindling in value. Everyone here says it's Bush's fault. I'm not smart enough to know if that is true or not. I also hear things like "It was never supposed to be this way" from Germans, or I hear the exact opposite response of laughter and snickering at how unfortunate it is that I am suffering from the economic downfall of the dollar. I suppose we're living in a "Euro trumps everyone else's hopes and dreams" world. That is, if I let it. Perhaps later in life I can make a journey to England or elsewhere, but right now it seems I should stay in Germany, except for next week when I am in Austria for a week. I'm going to some conferences and classes and such, and maybe some skiing. It should be a nice time, without internet.

I'm learning that I love to laugh, and be goofy. Perhaps I already knew that about myself, but I'm re-learning it. I feel like I have been locked inside of a glass case of emotion (even though that's a line from the anchor man, that's somewhat how i feel...dorkyyyyy), and I am re-learning what it looks like to interact and to be with people on a daily basis. Yes, I've been social this past semester, and yes, I gained new friends from all over the world, but I also drew myself into my anti-social tendencies, but I did learn a lot in that time, so I don't regret it. I learned a lot about myself, my wants, my hearts, my sins, my joys, my passions, my longings, my present, my future... I learned about the Lord I serve and long to serve even more, and my heart began to fall in love with people and things and desires and literature and art and poetry and hearts of others more so than before.

Now I see that Father is giving me amazing opportunities to share my faith, not just with words, and i'm learning more about His Grace and HIS amazing qualities.

Thank you for Reading!

1 comments

Popular Posts