One Month in America

12:16 AM

Has it been everything I thought it would be?

The first two weeks are such a whirlwind. Father placed me smack dab in the middle of lives that were thirsting and hungering for more of him.... late night conversations revolving around life and Christ were ones that made me hunger for more truth. Conversations regarding Father and what he is doing NOW rather than what he is calling us to do in the future are thoughts going through the minds of many believers I am close to.... Christ has been pouring these thoughts into my mind as well. Coffee and early morning conversations with Ali Luna and D-Campos were times in which we sat and discussed questions on our minds such as "How do I fall in love with Christ?" "What was Jesus REALLY and who is he NOW?" "What do we THRIVE off of, what satisfies our culture, our generation... ? Perhaps we don't satisfy in "bread" what is the cultural equivalent? Espresso? (no...?)

Time in San Angelo has also been crazy. A new life entirely, new priorties, and new people. I have two jobs, I am very busy, but surprisingly not as stressed as I could be. I have had coffee with one friend so far, the topic of conversation (or topics) inspiring and thought provoking. I love that. The classes I am taking are absolutely fantastic, and I am learning new things-- and that is pretty amazing. I am writing for a weekly newspaper and I feel so much older and wiser than I did even a week ago. Christ is teaching me he doesn't want me to be only a part of my day in the morning when I wake up and read his word, yet he wants to be LORD over all my day. Everything I do, school work, meetings, studying, work and writing for the paper, he wants to be a part of that. Sunday I attended church with a friend and old co-worker, and it was really good. I enjoyed it. I am eager to find girls to fellowship with, etc. That's my prayer.



Culture Shock has definitely hit in many different ways, but for the most part it has been okay. What's most important is today I realized for the first time in a long time ... that overall, I am happy.

<3

Thank you for Reading!

1 comments

Popular Posts