I'm an instagram junkie and it needs to stop.

5:35 AM




Someone did something cute in class. Wait. Stop. Take a photo.

I made an awesome meal. Wait. Stop. Take a photo.

I made coffee in my coffee press. Wait. Stop. Take a photo.

It's Thursday. All my friends really need to see what I looked like years ago. Wait. Stop. Search photo database. Post.

I'm reading a cool book. Wait. Stop. Take a photo.

I was given something awesome. Wait. Stop. Take a photo.

I made something. Wait. Stop. Take a photo.

on. and on. and on. and on. and you're actually interested in this?


Monday, I made some fettuccini with fava beans and sautéed swiss chard (which is absolutely delicious by the way) and then I went to work on some zucchini bread and cleaned the kitchen. And I want to tell everyone I know about it. So I did through instagram. Then I stopped and actually thought, "This is very weird."

Maybe you can relate to this, maybe not. I feel this weird pressure to document what I do, so it appears I'm able to do amazing house wifey things, so that it appears that I am awesome and trendy, etc. Who gets the glory? Well, I guess I think I do- or does that depend on how many likes I get? (why do you guys like some of that stuff anyway?). So, well, obviously it's narcissistic and sinful behavior.

Let's just focus on being a housewife - since that's a more concrete example. I feel this pressure through social media to look like a good house wife, and a good wife. I think there has always been this pressure, but now it's simply fleshed out quite a bit differently than it has been in the past. I'm seeign a need in myself to kind of cool it with instagram - pace myself, maybe.. I need to be the wife God is calling me to be to Seth - and no one else.


oh and I just totally thought about taking a photo of this blog post and instagramming it.

Thank you for Reading!

0 comments

Popular Posts