Pregnancy update #2

8:42 PM





This photo made me cry after I saw it...  Reasons why?... Well...  I'll let you guess, but let's blame pregnancy hormones.



How Far Along: 14 weeks
Size of Baby: Our baby is now about 3.5 inches long and can squint, frown, grimace, pee and possibly suck his or her thumb!
 

Gender: a HUGE question mark. 
Total Weight Gain: Still unsure! I have an appointment next week... :-) I noticed my belly button is changing... like I can actually see the bottom of it. Is that weird to mention? I'm not sure. 
Maternity Clothes: For the first time, I couldn't button my pants. :(
What I miss: sushi, fried eggs and undercooked meats.. read: steak.
Sleep:I just want to sleep on my tummy and it's hard not to. 
Cravings: hamburgers. kale, swiss chard. 

Best moment of the week: looking at baby clothes at an outlet mall.... ;-)


Before we were telling people we were pregnant, my class and I were reading in Psalm 51. It's David's words after Nathan confronted him about sinning with Bathsheba. These are how some of David's words were translated in the NIV:


Surely I was sinful at birth,

    sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb;
    you taught me wisdom in that secret place...

My prayer since reading this has been that God would teach our sweet baby wisdom in the womb. Obviously I don't and wouldn't know what that looks like but at our 10 week sonogram, the baby was jumping EVERYWHERE and it looked like he or she was clapping his or her newly developed hands... I know that many babies do this in the womb, but immediately I heard in my head "wisdom in the womb." 

I love that God knows everything about my baby already, when I know very very little. From the MINUTE this child was conceived, God had already determined everything about him or her - from the color of his or her hair to height (i'm so curious about this) to personality, etc. I love this.

Thank you for Reading!

0 comments

Popular Posts