a... day... o f thoughts

7:44 PM

thoughts lara thinks while sitting in class


thought number one:

I love to pray. I don't do it often enough, but I love to pray. I have seen and felt and been a witness to the power of prayer, and I love being drawn to pray.

So, I say that to say this... when it comes to reading the word, my brain and mind has been settling in on 2nd Corinthians for the past two weeks. As I read I find myself drawn to prayer. I find myself literally overwhelmed by the words of Paul. I want to pray to him, about him, to know him. I want to pray for others, for nations, for this campus, for my friends, for those i'm close to, and for faces i've only seen once, and for faces i've never seen. I want to pray that I am that letter of Christ, written not with ink but with the spirit of the Living God, not on tablets of stone, but on tablets of human hearts. I want to pray that I... we... find our sufficiency from God, because that is where it comes from and to know that with not only our heads but our hearts... and to pray for understanding that because of Christ we can come to God with unveiled faces... these aren't new things for me to hear or to read but I'm drawn to pray this and so much more... I'm only to the 3rd chapter in 2nd Corinthians and I have even skipped over important parts.... But here is where I struggle I have been drawn to pray, I have been called to pray, and I long to abide in Christ and draw toward him... yet I read this and I say 'Oh THIS is good!' But i haven't prayed. I haven't obeyed that sense of drawing.... and I want that to change.


thought number two:

I decided today, that I want all my dreams to come true. Okay, so that seems like a stupid decision, because who doesn't want their dreams to come true. So rephrasing this would mean: Today I decided, that all my dreams will come true. I'm very excited, as this means I will be living in Ireland. I will also be living in Japan and perhaps Norway (i haven't decided if this is a dream of mine yet... just a thought). I will also visit Lithuania and hang out with Rasmina (I did not tag her in this because she cannot speak English...)This also means I will have a happy life, in which Father gets the glory and not myself. I will also get married and have a daughter who's name is Kana Liane. I know dreams change, but my dreams are coming true. And that, Dave, is a fact. What's cool is I have friends who have and continue to help those dreams come true. Thanks, Clyde

thought number three:

Today in physics, we talked about how we cannot know the future because we cannot know the present. I'm pretty sure it was talking about particles... in some form, of which I do not know. But what I do know is that I 100 percent believe is that Father spoke to me in that moment last night when i was studying, and again when during Scott Williams, Ph.D's lecture today. I don't feel like analyzing the thought, because I'm still a bit at a loss for words regarding it.

thought number four:

Today Tina Doyle said this in my photography class: "It is a pain to do anything worthwhile."
Think about it.
I will quote myself. "Pain gives more than it takes."

thought number five:

I am very thankful for life. I am happier than I have been in a really long time, I enjoy what I do and what I will be doing. Last night, this kid who I don't even know, but Seth knows well- Lane, he drives a motorcycle, he's a ginger, and he comes to the biology lab, and he's usually loud and i get him paper... asked us at Hastings "What am I doing with my life?" Seth was encouraging. "You're going to be a doctor." But it was in that moment that I realised something. When we ask that question, it's not really a "what am i going to be doing with my life?" It's a.. what am i living for NOW? Who am I living for? What does my life amount to... RIGHT NOW? We always think we should strive for the future... when we are called to live in the present, of which we are unsure of. OH wait a minute... this goes back to thought number...three. So now, I will close.

Love you guys

xxx
Lara jo

Thank you for Reading!

0 comments

Popular Posts