I resort to writing

3:12 AM

I don't know how to drive. I am 22 years old and I don't know how to drive, and I need to learn, but there is something in me that doesn't want to, but something in me that becomes so angry when I realise how much of a fool I feel when I can't do things on my own, when other people my age have children and families and a life. I have a life, and life is much different when I am living in other places... and simply put: i need to get over whatever it is and I need to learn to drive.

Father is hitting me hard tonight and it hurts, a lot. I find in myself a want for more and a cluelessness in how to fulfill that. I want more.

I don't know where to start all the time. I don't know how to express myself, and I just want... peace. I want comfort.

Bethany Dillon's words for some reason are ringing in my ears...

I've been him, and I've been her
Covered up under the dirt
I want to get out
I want to be free
And know where I'm going

Thought I belonged
But I know I don't
Thought I had love
But it is not enough
An aching inside speaking to me
How could I feel like this
So aimless


----


so parts of me feels a bit irrational... but Christ is my aim, and I want to draw toward and seek him.


also i took this from billy v's blog, but i love Celebration of Discipline and it reminded me of things

Hsu closes this chapter by referencing 10 guidelines for practicing simplicity from Foster’s Celebration of Discipline. Here are a few:
1. Buy things for their usefulness rather than their status.
2. Reject anything that is producing an addiction in you.
3. Develop a habit of giving things away.
4. Learn to enjoy things without owning them. (library books, as i believe bill v suggested)
5. Develop a deeper appreciation for God’s creation.
6. Reject anything that breeds the oppression of others.
7. Shun anything that distracts you from seeking first the kingdom of God.

Thank you for Reading!

1 comments

Popular Posts