Passions?

1:30 AM

I have new passions. Some trivial, some less so.

As we all know, and as is obvious, since you are reading my BLOG (short for web-log) I love writing. This has always been obvious. I have tons and tons of journals, I always write. I have different 'genres' - the occasional poetry, when that 'girl' who has no name, but is referred to by pronoun only, depending on which case it is... her, or she... or news writing. News writing... i love it. I love seeking out news, I love delivering well-written stories... and I want to do better. Lately I can't get my brain focused on studying for exams because I have my brain stuck in newspapers from other schools, seeing how they do things differently, how they do some things better and I want to strive for that. I want to be better, I want to continue to give the voiceless a voice, and I want to write the stories that matter. I want to write things people long to read, or write something that someone SHOULD care about and when they start reading it, find a new passion for something. I want to pass on passions, I want people to care about the society they live in, the community they live in, the generation they live in.

For example: Obama chose his national security team yesterday. The team whose main initiative is to END THE WAR IN IRAQ!! A lot of people know this, but a lot of people don't know this. This is information students want to know about, but don't take the time to know about it. I can't fix this, but I can put it in a paper that they might pick up and might be affected by... and in doing so, I learn more about my heart, learn more about my passions, learn more about my desires, and my faith.... I love that. Everything is so intertwined.

also, yesterday it was declared as official: The ECONOMY is in RECESSION. officially... important information, friends.

I used to be apathetic, but not so much anymore.
My main initiative is my faith, it comes first... and I feel like Father is drawing me to seek HIS glory in all that I do, and that means kicking ass at telling the news, at telling the stories... at seeking out the news that students NEED and want to hear. Again, I can't get my head out of my papers and my writing and my ideas to focus on studying.... this may be a problem, but in ways it is also exciting. I love having something to be passionate about. I don't feel like I am sitting on the wayside anymore living a life who's heart beats just to stay alive. My heart beats for a passion of telling, of sharing, of educating... and write now I'm called to do that through a student newspaper. My heart now beats to reach out, it's not about me, it's not about my name, but it's about telling... and oh how so many analogies can be pulled from this about my faith.
I WANT THE APATHY to stop... but it's a human struggle, regarding politics, economics, family, relationships, religion and most importantly: true faith

I also, really have a new obsession with WORDLE. It's pretty slick, joe.
www.wordle.net

watch this... I took everything i just wrote and made this... or rather, the Web site made it.





pretty rock star.

Today has been weird, dave.
Not normal. (That would be the definition of weird... right??) But sometimes, that is needed. I learned some things about myself. Learned where my heart is. Learned I know what I believe. Was brought back to a lonely day on a train from dusseldorf to koln, in which i was challenged and in which i failed and cried tears, wishing I knew how to speak... and I learned. :-) I somewhat... love, today.

<3
LaNiJo <3

Thank you for Reading!

3 comments

Popular Posts