Friendship

5:33 AM




I'm thankful for friendship. True. Honest. None Judgment. Godly Rebuking. Friendship. And one of the blessings of being in Seattle, is that God is answering my prayer for friendship. Now, flying into Seattle, this was my prayer. That, we would find this. That our community would spur us on toward truth. That would call us out when we needed that, friends that wouldn't shy away from the truth of the gospel for the sake of well... self righteousness, pride, what have you. Now, I want to be careful when I say that because I think.. no, I know that I have had friends like this in the past... I don't want to communicate with you that Seattle is the land of true and good friends, because it's not. My understanding of the gospel has changed, so my heart toward friendship has changed. In the past, I had friends like this, but I 1. lacked maturity and 2. I didn't have the heart to know and understand the love behind some of those friendships because of the hurt of friendships past.  OR those friends never were in the same place as me *cough* +Damaris Campos Well. anyway, prayer was answered...but not as I expected, because well, God is funny that way. We moved across the country. God changed my heart and understanding and love for the gospel in a way that I could have never imagined. He is maturing me in many different ways and I can truly say my ears were opened more and my eyes can see clearer...


Originally I thought, well, God will give me some amazing pacific north west friends, right? Well, he has. Our community group is solid. We are certainly family. I adore my coworker. God has used her to spur me on toward truth... she's honest with me and loving and there is no judgment, but there is that "I think you might be dealing with pride and may need to repent of that" conversations.

Also, as of late, I am completely blessed by a friend who I never knew before moving to Seattle, yet is from the same wonderful city of San Angelo. We know many of the same people. My dad knows their dad (father-in-law). I just can't put my head around how God worked this out. I love the road we both took across the country to work for the same church, having no idea the other existed. God completely placed this friendship together, and I'm blessed to have yet another friend who spurs me on toward truth - toward the gospel. That says, I think what you're dealing with is "self-righteousness" or "bitterness." (*etc). I'm thankful for the friends here - in community group, in kids min, at my job, my friendship with Loren- I"m thankful for the friends who direct me to look full in Father's face. <3 I could go on forever. I'm not even sure this makes complete sense. But that's that, my friends.





Thank you for Reading!

0 comments

Popular Posts