Sweet Reunions

4:59 AM

A photograph my mom took at the Ballard Locks
Dad at the Ballard Locks



Hello. My name is Lara and my parents are Rick and Teresa. My mom is quiet and extremely talented. My father is loud, gets to know anyone he sets his eyes on and seems to have no fear. Therefore we have me, a weird balance of the two.

Today I got to see my parents for the first time since July. I need to confess that I used to think my parents didn't know how to do "vacation," - we typically don't go out to eat. We do normal every day things and don't really sight see. Museums? who goes to those? So, I knew having my parents here would simply mean - we were going to do every day, normal things and enjoy time together.

Today was amazing. God taught me so much through simple things we did. Bare with me as I walk you quickly through our day.  We woke up. My mom and I made a pot roast We took Seth to work. Then, we sat and had a cup of coffee at Java Jahn in Ballard. Dad read the news and worked on a sudoku, and spent probably 20 minutes speaking to Siri in German on my phone. Mom worked some type of word puzzle. Then, we left to go to Discovery Park. It was raining. So, we decided to go to Costco... where we bought tons and tons of fruit. and more oatmeal. THEN, we ate a sandwich in the car and went to Discovery park. My dad ran (as he has a marathon on Whidbey Island Sunday morning) and my mom and I just walked and talked and marveled at how creative our God is - my how beautiful is creation.

We then accidentally ended up at the Ballard Locks and we simply enjoyed the beauty of that gorgeous place. By the time we finished there it was perfect time for us to go by Trader Joes and then pick up Seth from work.  My dad made sure the secretaries at Mars Hill Central will never forget him (oh that personality). We came home. We finished preparing dinner. We ate.

Ships at the Ballard Locks


Now the boys are at REI and my mom and I just finished speaking to my sister +Megan Murray  on google talk and are now preparing for our picnic we *cross our fingers* will work out for tomorrow. We plan to meet Landon and Loren at Golden Gardens and enjoy the beach.

We didn't go to Pike Place Market today. (we might still do that). We didn't go see the space needle.. and it was OKAY! We took the day as it came and it was beautiful. God allowed me good conversation with my mom as we drank a glass of wine and prepared dinner. God allowed me to see some of why I am the way I am as my mom and I relished in the creation of our heavenly Father as my earthly father whistled at us as he ran by (sweating like a pig). Oh, how I am thankful. Today was only day one of their visit. Praying the rest of the short time they are here is just as rewarding.

Thankful for Spring Breaks. Thankful for family.








Thank you for Reading!

0 comments

Popular Posts