enlighten my heart

1:43 PM

First, I am going to just tell everyone and choose to not be embarrassed by a new adventure in my life. Last weekend I took a little girl home for her mother. Turns out she had lice, and turns out that I got it as well. With a quick visit to the apotheke (pharmacy) and a few treatments and washing my sheets and clothes and disinfecting everything, everything is fine and gone. xx It's been a learning experience and even though it freaked me out, and the pharmacist had to explain all in german and assure me with a smile that this is normal and i'm not a social outcast or dirty because I had lice, Father has truly taught me through it.

So yeah... but more importantly:
I have been reading Ephesians 1 for the past two weeks. Originally it would be that I would read Ephesians in a week. Then, as I was enthralled by Ephesians 1 alone, I decided I would read one chapter a week. Two weeks later, I am still captivated and daily reading Ephesians 1. I'll eventually get to the 2nd chapter...

There are many things that fascinate me about the first chapter of Ephesians. On surface level these are things I know and have heard and believe, but as I have taken the time to really sit on and dwell on the words and what Christ was saying through Paul, I am allured more and more into the word. I wish you were here with me. I am sitting in my dorm room, and even though my room isn't the most wonderful accommodation, one thing I love about it is the view. It's not too grandiose, but I can sit at my desk, and stare through the huge european window (much cooler than the ones in the states) at the trees, or the rooftops or the busyness of city life and breathe it all in. I sit here, reflecting on life and the one that Father has given to me, and I pray that He would give me his wisdom and knowledge, but what is striking me today in the first chapter of Ephesians is the prayer that my heart would be enlightened.

I have recently begun to read The Sacred Romance, and as I read in correlation to Ephesians 1 I am feeling an obligation to pray for the resurrection of my heart. An obligation to truly return to my first love, Christ.

Many of you have heard me say that one of my favorite things to do is sit in a coffee shop, stare out the window and get lost in thought or in writing. Whether that is writing for self, a letter to others, or even writing for class, it's in those moments that I feel peace. I feel romanced, a wooing if you will. I know and believe that those feelings are of Christ. We've all felt this. I'm convinced of it. I remember feeling this love and this pursuance so intensely while sitting on a bench in Köln, crying and letting the rain soak me, as I learned new things about life, my life, the life I was being called to, and our Creator. In one way or another every single person has felt this wooing by Christ, we just don't know how to place a finger on what or who these feelings are coming from.

So... dare I say it? I long for Christ to be my lover, to pursue me, I long to have an affair with Him, that he would search me and know my heart and know me intimately. I want to know more of this Christ. I long for him to open and enlighten my heart.


Me being Kenyan

Thank you for Reading!

3 comments

Popular Posts