Prayer

9:48 PM


She walked slowly down the side walk as the rain misted down on her bare skin. She shuddered and pulled her coat on, and looked to the train on her left, "no I'll walk," she thought. She turned on the ipod put her backpack on her back and began the 20 minute walk home. Halfway home, she stopped, turned her face to the rain and the clouds and smiled. "Thank You."

I've been drawn to prayer lately. Not just a "oh i'm praying for you" prayer, but really, really TRULY praying. I've been reading Ephesians I began chapter 1 last week, and... well, honestly? I'm still in chapter 1. On surface level, I read it and think "oh, i know this." but do I? Do I really know and believe and dwell on what I'm reading? So I'm reading and I'm praying what I read. I don't want to study to memorize or study because I'm supposed to, but I want to know more of this God I worship. He loves me enough to teach me through situations and experiences and ups and downs, and through his word. He has allowed me to see sides of him, and a new side of him that I am truly in love with-- I want to learn more about this God.

I say I want to obtain reality. I'm learning that the only reality is Christ. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. That's truth, that's reality, nothing else is.

nothing else.

Thank you for Reading!

1 comments

Popular Posts