Suck it Up

11:03 PM

I sat on the couch, in pajama pants, reading my bible when she came up to me.
"Lara?"
"Ja?"
"Gehst du jetzt nach Hause?"
I looked her in the eyes and shook my head.
"Bleibst du hier?"
Again I looked her in the eyes and nodded.
Her glee filled my eyes with laughter as I continued to read my bible. Earlier that day, she cried tears because she wanted to be a baby. Never before have I seen a five year old in tears because she longs to be a baby. At first I found myself in wonder and almost wanting to laugh, but as I watched the tears fall from her face, I realized she was crying parts of my heart. How often do I try to grasp the past, and hold it and not let go? How often do I cry tears because I am not comfortable in my life right now? I cry because where I was was easier and more comfortable and more convenient than where I am right now. How ridiculous it must seem to sit here and cry over things that are just life. Just as Kat will never be able to become a baby again, nor will I be able to live yesterday again. A few hours later I was reading the story of Noah out of Genesis out loud. She placed her hand on mine and said "do you know what this means? we must stay friends forever." (but it was in german.. not english). As I laid down that night for sleep, I thanked Father for speaking to me and comforting me through simple words of a child.



-p.s. i enjoy playing monopoly with credit cards.
i still love apfelschorle.
i am lately intrigued by Ezekiel 16
"you are not surprising Him by your being there. You were called out. He is big enough for this and our obedience to Him is a part of the answer. You already have everything you need to succeed there."

"Lucy leant her head on the edge of the fighting-top and whispered, 'Aslan, Aslan, if ever you loved us at all, send us help now.' The darkness did not grow any less, but she began to feel a little - a very little - better... An albatross...circled three times round the mast and then perched for an instant on the crest of the gilded dragon at the prow... But no one except Lucy knew that as it circled the mast it had whispered to her, 'Courage, dear heart,' and the voice, she felt sure, was Aslan's." - The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

"I was the lion who forced you to join with Aravis. I was the cat who comforted you among the houses of the dead. I was the lion who drove the jackals from you while you slept. I was the lion who gave the Horses the new strength of fear for the last mile so that you should reach King Lune in time. And I was the lion you do not remember who pushed the boat in which you lay, a child near death, so that it came to shore where a man sat, wakeful at midnight to receive you." - Aslan to Shasta, The Horse and His Boy

Thank you for Reading!

3 comments

Popular Posts