5:03 PM

Yesterday I caught a drunk guy trying to pick pocket me, so that was exciting. He didn't get anything though. And today I watched another drunk man on the other side of the train stop fall face first onto the tracks. It was horrifying, really. He's fine though. After that experience, I realized how lucky I am that I am not bound by things of this world like so many are, and that I have freedom in Christ. Those aren't just words, but I think it came clear to me today. Even though that shook up my emotions, I'm glad Christ allowed me to witness that -- I've been happy today, since. I think Germany is caught up in depression, especially during January and February, i'm told. I think many drink to feel something and then continue drinking so they won't feel. It's sad, but I see that. I am drawn toward happy faces, and kind people on the train. I'm learning what "sucking it up" looks like, and realizing all that Christ has offered and is offering me. He is forming me, and it hurts, but I'm thankful. I'm seeing a very different Germany than i'm used to. I'm used to the summer months and the happy smiling faces, not this dreary, grey country I've been experiencing. Classes start tomorrow so I spent the day at work and then I went and read a book and did some studying and then ran some errands. Classes end in 3 weeks, but I will still have one I'm doing online for Angelo, and then another language class that I'm taking at the language center.

Thank you for Reading!

0 comments

Popular Posts