reminiscent

7:56 PM

Lara and Meg



It's amazing how much changes in 4 years, how it feels like just yesterday and a million years ago at the same time. I've spent the past hour looking through old online albums from when i was in highschool, and i don't know it's cool to see who I was, how i've completely changed -- some changes good, some not so much. It's amazing to look at pictures of myself before i had any idea of how missional my heart would become, pictures from when my heart was changing and feeling my heart growing, and what's cool is that... we never stop growing. interesting.


I'm reading the bible chronologically and it's incredibly interesting. I've been thinking a lot about Noah, even though i haven't read about him for two weeks, he won't leave my mind. I keep imagining a sunny day, the birds chirping in the air, people busy-ing themselves with life, running errands, meeting friends, laughing, enjoying life. And amongst all the business I see Noah. I see him in silence, alone. Praying and weeping, calling out. I see him confused, but willing. I see him grab his tools to work and I see him beginning to build. I SEE his faith. Matthew Henry said "Every blow of his [Noah's] and hammers was a call to repentance, a call to them to prepare arks too." Amongst all the things of this world, I want to be able to hear God's calling. I want to be obedient, even when I cannot understand. I want to ask for forgiveness, and plead with the Lord to help me live in HIS ways and not my own.


Father has been reminding me to abide in Him the past few days. I was reading an article quoting Hudson Taylor, which said "As I thought of the Vine and branches [in John 15], what light the blessed Spirit poured into my soul! I saw not only that Jesus would never leave me, but that I was a member of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones. The vine is not the the root merely, but all -- root, stem, branches, twigs, leaves, flowers, fruit. And Jesus is not only that: He is the soil and sunshine, air and showers, and ten thousand times more than we ever dreamed wish for or needed. Oh, the joy of seeing this truth! I have seen it long enough in the Bible, but I believe it now as a living reality. I have now got to make myself a branch."


Just as the Father has loved me, I have also loved you. Abide in my love - Jesus, John 15



I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. Ezekiel 36: 26-27

also please visit this link, a video and some pictures put together for me by one of my closest friends here!!

Thank you for Reading!

1 comments

Popular Posts