refresh

5:31 PM

Today has been such a refreshing day. I started off the morning feeling "off," with this overbearing feeling of not understanding myself, not understanding Father, and feeling as if i was living a life in which my faith was slowly dying. I spent the morning praying, journaling and trying to figure out what has changed in my heart since last summer. I know much has changed, and situations are different, and I'm missing family and friends more so than I have in the past, but what was I failing to admit, what was I not willing to 'give up?'

As I sat on my bed this morning the words "i give you my hopes and dreams ... in your hands... i belong to you" entered my mind and I realized that I have to trust Father now, that my hopes and dreams are in his hands... he promises us that in Jeremiah 29:11... I spent the next hour before leaving in prayer and reading some chapters of Psalms... around 11:45 S and I left for church. We went to the IBC (international baptist church), and the sermon was on exactly that-- allowing Father to have control...

God is all that I need to know for tomorrow, he's all that i need to know for today...

I was introduced to many amazing 'believers' today, all with a passion for Christ, and it was neat to see so many gather in worship. My heart is growing for this area... it's beginning to beat to a drum of worship... of praise, something that has been missing the past few days.

I leave for Koln on Saturday, and I'm excited to not only see J and P and the fam, not only to see LJ from Lbk or RB from Center, or CH, but to see a harvest I've so fallen in love with... I oh so miss the train system there, to see how things have and are changing... and the lessons i'll learn there to bring back to hamburg.. <3

you live a life that we could never live
you pay the price that none of us could pay
you came to die so that the dead might truly live
you gave the gift, that only you could give

words can't describe
songs can't convey
all you have done, we stand amazed
so may our lives, for the rest of our days
be acceptable to you

Thank you for Reading!

0 comments

Popular Posts